Saturday, March 7, 2009

And now for the rest of the story.....

Remember, I said I had been busy...Here's the proof:
I made some more of those shadow boxes, in different sizes....
The top one on the right, I 'aged' by giving it a wash with watered down brown paint.
The one on the top left has been covered with a base coat.....haven't figured out what color it wants to be, yet. I like the smaller ones, wonder what I could put in those??

Then I felt the need to make some smaller birdhouses.......haven't decided if these want to be painted or stained? (*Thanks Mercedes for suggesting a easier way to make the hole~ my suggestion.....make sure you use a sharp pencil! LOL!!)

I played around with an idea for a picture frame...I took a scrapbooking frame and added 2 metal corners....then painted it with a coat of gesso before I painted it pink.....not to sure where I'm going with this, but I thought it was a good start.


Let's see.......I found a home for the 2 birdhouses I made, although they both might not permanently stay. I also put the first little pink chair I made in here.

The second chair is in a state of confusion....it hasn't made up its' mind on whether or not it likes the material......maybe it's the color of the chair that needs to be changed? .......Oh, I even made a little bookcase to go along with it.....Like I said, I just need to get the colors right.


Here's a close up of the material on the chair.......Maybe I should paint the chair yellow.....

....what do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a nice pale mossy green would go well with the flowers and help them stand out. It would then be able to go in many different coloured settings.

Katie said...

I think you're onto something with the green:)

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Pink and green together are one of my favourite colour combinations. Absolutley love your little shadow boxes. I was at the beach in the weekend and found some of the world smallest shells. I want to try and make one like your shell one but don't know if I have the patience yet!
Mercedes

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Hey Katie, if you'd like to email me your address I'll make you some teensy houses to go in the shadow boxes.
You can email me through my blog profile.
Mercedes