Sunday, May 3, 2009

All this talk about rugs....

Has me thinking about what I'm looking for for Cora's Kitchen........
I love this little rug! Look it has Pineapples and Dragonflies......I think it would be perfect for in front of her kitchen sink?!
This next one I have had saved for awhile.....I really like the natural colors in it, and the bamboo!
And today I came across this... I really like this pattern..... And it has black it it....and green, and that gold that Cora loves! I think it would look wonderful under the kitchen table.
*Casey, while I'm thinking about it...What's this pattern maker thing your always talking about?? Do you think when you get a chance you can explain to us how to go about making a pattern??? We'd Really Appreciate it:)
*And if anyone else has any tips as to how to make a rug from a printie...I'm all ears!
Oh and I also found this:
I love this little stencil......Just a thought, but, It'd be perfect over her front door..... Of course I'd have to alter it a little...and then actually print it, and make a stencil~ then actually paint it...."sigh" I'm tired just thinking about it, Haha!

8 comments:

Mary said...

All this rug talk makes me what to make some, too! I love the pineapple motif you've got going there.

DLSarmywife said...

Katie, I love the 3 pineapple rugs you are considering...I just adore the simplicity of the first one.
And that stencil would be so cute, but wow it'd be a ton of work too!!!

Caseymini said...

Katie, I have an idea. I don't know if it would work or not, but how about printing the one that you want to make into a stencil directly onto overhead viewer acetate? If you did that, couldn't you just cut the stencil out of that with an exacto knife? Seems like it would save some steps.

I guess I will be doing more on rugs tomorrow. See you then.

De said...

George the Mini Guy has a tutorial on his blog about making a rug from a printie, Katie. That's where I got the basic idea for my wallpaper rug. I love all three choices! The stencil could be decoupaged onto a piece of wood, aged with a little brown paint or glaze or tea and hung over the door. Or it could be framed.

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Pineapples and dragonflies - that's your two worlds colliding! How perfect!!
Love that first rug! You could print it on 'bazill' scrapbooking card to give it a textured look.
Mercedes

MiniKat said...

I think Casey uses Pattern Maker. I really like the second rug. The third one would look really great under the table.

Debbie said...

Great designs Katie.

rosanna said...

They are so good, te first one is perfect for your kitchen while the third is more suitable in a drawing room. But they are really beautiful