Friday, May 1, 2009

Come take a trip down Memory Lane with me!

So, today I thought I'd sit down and go back through my blog....To see all I have done in the past year.....And I don't mean to toot my own horn here......But, there's some good stuff in here. LOL. Lots of how-to's for polymer clay and miniatures.
Some of My Favorites have been the fingernail polish set:

The chandler I made from a toilet paper roll:


Or the Cat Condo:

Or my first experience with paperclay and that mossy stuff......and cork bricks:

I love all the beds I have made!

My Mini Art...Photos I took on some of my travels...Matted and framed


My Favorite Cane:


And my Mini wedding cakes.....covered in lilies and roses!

Loved making my readable books.....

Can't forget the cat pictures...
Here's a blog about all of them....but there's Great Pics throughout my blog!

~I started this blog a little over a year ago to share my polymer clay creations, and before I knew it, I was making mini things for Cora's first house
(It was a house a friend pulled out of the trash, and I had restored.... It held up, until Otis sat on it and caved in the roof)......and then came My mini house (Katie's Corner). Or maybe it was those cakes that I made that came first? Actually it was the Hobbit Hole that came first......but that's a 3-d picture, and not an actual dollhouse, so it doesn't count. Anywho, here we are....a little down the road.....And I now have 5 houses in the process of being built....
*Katie's Corner
*Cora's House
*The Skate Shop
*The Star Wars Toystore
and
*Frankie's Place......my first completed ...and only completed roombox. It's a Halloween Diner, owned by a miniature dachshund named Frankenstein.....Chris from Candid Canine made Frankie for me~ He was one of my first mini swaps!!

......And we won't talk about all the other ideas I have floating around in here...lol.....

Either way.....It has been a really great year in the land of minis. I have met some of the nicest, funniest people along the way, and have made friendships for life. Thank-you Blog world for encouraging me to create! For all you newbies out there....hang in there, and just keep writing. When I first started my blog, I didn't get any comments for months....But I just kept writing, and eventually ran into some other Really Great Bloggers!

Ok, so I was thinking.....I'd like to put my blog into a book......I mean, come on now....We Are just scrap bookers doing it the digital way, Right? But, I've really been thinking about it, and I think it would be neat......especially for my kids. They love reading what 'Mom' has wrote, and I really think it would be cool to be able to sit down and curl up with a good book and read about how the houses were built~ from the beginning to the end, not from the end, back)....... I think the kids (...and me) would enjoy that! Now.....any ideas as to how to go about doing this??? Of course....first I'd have to finish all the houses....lol!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blogs...... And for leaving encouraging comments! Ya'll will never know how much it means to me! :)

Until next time..........
Katie

12 comments:

Sans! said...

I like this! Doing an anniversary post and flashback. This is like a greatest hits compilation and Katie, I love your chandelier, cane stick, shops as well.

Debbie said...

Well done to you Katie. I'm glad I found you in the blogosphere. I agree with you about making wonderful friends, we are like one big family...
Big Mini Hugs

CA Verstraete said...

you have done some great stuff! the book idea is a really neat idea!. If you put your best posts and pix it will be a nice keepsake for your kids. how cool! I've enjoyed our talks, swaps and getting to know you too! how the world has shrunk with the internet and blogging, huh?

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Hi Katie!
Thank you for all the inspiration and laughter your blog gives me.
Mercedes

Anonymous said...

I thouroughly enjoyed your trip down memory lane. I only started blogging in January so I had not seen those posts of yours before and I was glad of the opportunity. It is amazing what you accomplish in a year isnt't it?

MiniKat said...

Love the haunted house cane. You've done a lot of really cool projects. The tp chandelier rocks! :-)

Ana Anselmo said...

thanks Katie, for your message on my blog, yes 30th April is my birhday! and I got a fantastic present from all the family, a sewing machine, isn´t it great?
I love all the fantastic new things in Cora´s house.
I hope everything is going well with you and all your lovely family.
A great hug from Portugal
Ana

Mary said...

Thank you for taking us down Memory Lane with you--it was a pleasant stroll!

As for the scrapbook, last year I decided to chronicle my pet hamster's first year with us and gathered all the photos I've taken. Then I uploaded them to the Kodak Gallery and make a photo book. You can decide how the photos are positioned and your own text: http://www.kodakgallery.com/Welcome.jsp

The only thing is, I'm not sure it's big enough to include complete blog entries. Just an idea for consideration...

Tallulah Belle said...

What a great idea to do a summary Katie
:-)

Happy 1st anniversary.

A. Wright said...

Congrats on your blog's one year anniversary. I'm very happy to have discovered your mini blog.
For the scrapbook (btw I adore this idea). You should be able to take your digital photos and have them printed no problem. Send them to walmart's digital site, next day pickup is so cheap! or or copy to a CD and print wherever you want.

You could easily take any text portions copy/paste them into word, (from post edit) print them onto nice paper etc, that should save some typing and blogger will have all the dates/timelines handy for you.

DLSarmywife said...

Katie, what a great idea...a wonderful trip down memory lane! :-) Your work is wonderful and I look forward continuing to read about your adventures

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Happy Anniversary and what a fab idea. We've enjoyed catching up with all your wonderful creations Katie, great fun xx Kate and John xx