Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Cozy Cottage in the Forest

Thought I'd show you where I'm headed with the new house..I started by building up the front window with Styrofoam.

Then I broke out the paper clay....

You believe this took me 3 hours to do?? LOL...At least it's a start!

*Oh before I forget......If you go look at the last post, I think in the last picture.....You will see that Ms. Beaver has a small piece of paper in her hands~ That's the sheet of sandpaper that came with the kit...And when I saw how small it was, I couldn't stop laughing!! That's about the only complaint I have with this little house......

OK....I'm going back to bed! I've got a cold, the computer has a virus.......and I'm over it.....lol......Hopefully I can get some more 'rocks' put in today!! See ya later!

PS.....Don't cut Styrofoam in your bed!! You'll be up all night picking the 'dust' out of your sheets! LOL!!

And one more thing...I have a few emails I need to get too......So don't think I've forgotten about ya'll.........I'll get to them sometime soon!!

4 comments:

A. Wright said...

Oh wow, this is going to be super.

LOL yeah the 1 inch square super fine sandpaper made me giggle too. Luckily it didn't require much in the way of sanding at all.

CA Verstraete said...

Looks like your marshmallowing the house. haa! Wicked witch cottage?

But it should look good. neat little house... I gotta get one - no, yes - no ....

Ara said...

This is going to be so cute!!! And yes - I can believe it took you 3 hours. I am always shocked when I start on something and the clock just starts spinning as fast as possible! Can't wait to see more! -ara

Ana Anselmo said...

I can't wait to see what you have in mind! I have received my Sylvanian family, they are so, so cute! :)
hugs
Ana
PS: it's raining here, nice to stay at home doing bags and miniatures :):):)