Saturday, May 9, 2009

Good Lord! I took a lot of pictures...

I'll try to make this short to make up for all the pictures I have posted...

Yesterday, I decided to glue somethings in Katie's Corner....But first I had to take everything out. Did I ever show you what's under the bed in the bedroom???

Storage boxes! Look they're even labeled and the one labeled 'Art Supplies' is almost full!! See how they line up....fits perfectly under the bed!

And in the very back right corner, we have a shelf. See my shoe boxes~ they were made from a printie traced onto scrapbook paper. They have not been filled yet...it's on that long list of things to do! LOL....there's even a surf board to hit the beach before the sun comes up...I love riding the waves in as the sun comes up behind me......oh, the good old days.....

And here's some of the 'after pictures':
The left angle...

From the right angle...

And a few close ups.
I glued in one of my little shadow boxes behind the bed.

Then there's a picture I took in Yellowstone National Park of a tree....I love trees!

And then there's the picture I took of Devil's Tower in South Dakota.......
That's a little hedgehog on the night stand....

And my favorite part of the whole room......A tea tray I made with a bagel and cream cheese. There's also a mug that reads Katie...and an apple....

Then last night Cora and I sat down with some of those tiny cut outs that Tara sent us....And added 'magnets' to her fridge....

It adds so much more personality to her kitchen....

Ok...Truth be-told. I wasn't crazy about this bright yellow kitchen either...but now that it's coming 'alive' I love it!!
And before we went to bed we played in the nursery.....(That's Cora's hand, she's rearranging some of the blocks.)
We set up a 'daycare' scene.....There's lots of babies in here!
See the baby getting a bottle....At first I had the baby propped up in the crib...but I figured that was no good! I once learned that harsh lesson from watching what a neighbor did. Horrible day....Moral of the story....Don't leave your baby unattended when they're drinking from a bottle...There is that chance that they could choke to death! So....being the good mom that I am, I did explain to Cora why I wasn't going to leave the baby in the crib by herself.....Call me crazy?!
Hope you enjoyed these....Cora and I had fun playing!
Until next time........
Oh...Guess what...I finally got my printer plugged in....and started some things for the Star Wars Toy Store....but I save that story for another time.....Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.....and for all of you that are hours ahead of us......Happy Mother's Day!!!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks like you and Cora had a great time. The magnets look fab..

CA Verstraete said...

The house is looking very cute! But boy oh boy how real is it when even the dollhouse has a junk box under the bed? haa! Don't forget to add some "dust bunnies!"

Ana Anselmo said...

wow, I love every tiny detail, all of them. The "rose" room, it is lovely. I also love trees, since I am a child. The Cora´s kitchen so nice and warm, I love the yellow of the walls with the black and white od the floor and the all decoration. I think Cora has an eye for home decoration!!! and the pineapples are just perfect in there as a touch of "light and colour".

kisses for both
Ana

Anonymous said...

Yes I did enjoy these and there can never be too many pictures. I loved the idea of the boxes under the bed - and you even have them filled! Thanks for letting me join in your playing.

MiniKat said...

Love the boxes under the bed! Too cool.

I really should get some pictures taken of the Sylvanian army in my craft room.. I think of it every time you post pics of Cora's dollhouse.

I've been cleaning again, but I'm still pondering more pineapple things for Cora. :-)

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Love your room in Katies corner, everything looks perfect! The pineapple kitchen is fabulous, those magnets look great! Love the daycare!
Mercedes