Monday, May 4, 2009

I Challenge You..........

It's been awhile since I did a challenge with you.... LOL, Just haven't thought of a good one to do lately.....Until now. :)
So here it is....

I challenge you to write a blog about the jobs you've had in your life. *Just make sure and leave me a comment telling me you did, so I can come read it....or you can do a short version in my comments section...... Either way, I'm just curious to see what everyone does or has done..... Just another way for us to get to know each other.

So here's my list....


My first job was as a meat slicer for a place called The Deli. You know the sandwiches you buy premade in the gas stations?? I cut the meat for those on the grave yard shift........Haha~ not a fun job~ standing in one place all night, slicing and counting meat! Boring!!! And gross!

Next it was:
I did a little of everything here.......Cashier, Teacher, Over night stocker, Frame Shop.......but their favorite place to work me was on the floor.....From teaching their classes, I had a vast knowledge for their products and how they worked.

And my Last job was for:
I was shift manager....who often ran the store.....I tell you what, fast food is No joke: You know what's the worst kind of customer to deal with? A hungry one!!! LOL In fast food.....You don't hardly ever get to sit down, and when you do, it's to do paperwork. I really loved this job though~ I loved being on my feet....I'm not one to sit still, always have to be moving...lol. Most of the people I worked with were like family to me.....and I loved seeing my regulars!! People are such creatures of habit, you know?!! I miss that job!

It has been almost five years now that I have been out of work. I stopped working to give myself some time to get a hysterectomy, and well......then the sky fell out. Now, my heart won't handle that kind of job......And I can't sit for long due to other medical conditions......So, I lie on the couch and craft! Now, if I could only find a way to make money from it, I'd be in business. No, no EBay or Etsy here.....No credit cards, or bank account. And no energy to sit at a craft fair.... LOL.... Luckily the bf takes good care of us, huh?!!

OK.....Now it's your turn........ Go Blog!!

12 comments:

CA Verstraete said...

Oh I beat you! Hey, I'll bite. I blogged on my long list on Weds.

Hey Otis is getting crazy huh? Wow even the table legs. Maybe he needs his own dollhouse?

Caseymini said...

Katie, I am a very boring subject for your list. I worked as a credit reporter when I was in college. I worked as an inventory clerk in a wholesale electronics place before they had computers to take care of counting.I still, to this day, find myself counting things when I work....I even count weeds as I pull them out of the ground!LOL My other work all related to miniatures. A store clerk, mini shows and my all time favorite job was restoring antique minis for Pat Arnell. That's about all.

rosanna said...

Hi Katie, my first real job ( Imean one with a regular wage was at Chiswick Mac Donald in London. After one month I was named the fry champ! very proud of it. I has been only for threemonths then i went back home but I regard to them as one of the most useful lesson in my life. During University I helped in my dad's shop. At the last year I worked at the Optomologist Clinic f Genoa, then I worked for 6 months checking sight of the emploies of the major telephone company on their premises. For the last 18 years I've been working in the same place as optometrist.Not great excitment but I love what I do.

Kim said...

This is a fun challenge. I worked in a strawberry field when I was 15 and 16 showing people which rows they could pick and where the last customer had left off. I then worked in a flower shop- first at the counter as customer service and then off and on for the next 15 years as a floral designer. I've also worked as a maid at a hockey camp for boys (this was the most disgusting job I have ever had) and in a deli in a gas station. Now I work in an office setting- I call myself a glorified data entry/receptionist.

Karin F. said...

OK Katie....I've taken your challenge & run with it.
Come on over to mine, for my list:
http://orrlakemusings.blogspot.com/
mini hugs
Karin
PS: great idea.

Anonymous said...

Well I took the challenge and posted it on my blog. I hope I don't bore everyone to death. I tried to condense it as much as I could because it is a loooooong list.

A. Wright said...

Challenge met, I did a post. It was hard to keep it short :p

Mary said...

I take up your challenge, too. Sort of. Hop on over to my blog!

Mary said...

Hey Katie, I updated my "blog challenge." now it makes more sense!

MiniKat said...

Ok Katie. Come see. ;-)

Karin Corbin said...

OK I accepted your challenge. I put the post on my blog as it represents 40+ years of time. I did not put everything in there like being a Mom which is of course a very demanding job.
http://karincorbin.blogspot.com/

Ara said...

I don't have a long list so I thought I'd just leave a comment here! My first job (besides babysitting and chores) was as a flute teacher for one student.. haha that never took off... but she is a rather talented musician nowadays (on guitar :). Next I took care of a girl in a wheel chair during the day for a summer until her mother could get home from work. During college I scanned billions of articles for grad students through our Library.
And after college I worked for an architecture firm as a project Manager in Dallas. A year ago I moved to a similar job at a different firm in Arlington. I hope my next job to be "photographer" :)