Sunday, May 31, 2009

Marshmallow Manor gets it's first visitor!

Just when I was beginning to think that this house was too small for Otis to mess with, he showed me otherwise!!! LOL......Look close, you can see his head in the bay window, He's actually chewing on it!!!

LOL....Thought I'd show you that Otis is as big as the house is......If he was sitting up straight you wouldn't even see the house!!

I've gotten a lot of work done on it this weekend. The whole house got a coat of Joint Compound, then a coat of Ivory paint, although if you ask me, it looks yellow, not ivory!

Those white things above the windows will get roof tiles......It just Styrofoam, coated with Joint Compound.

And I started the inside....hahaha~ Otis came back and thought I was going to let him try and squeeze his head in here again.......

The red is too bright for my likings, so I'll probably give it a wash of brown or something.....Looks good with the wood floors, huh?!

OK...I'm off to think about how I want to paint the inside of the bay windows....

Until next time........

9 comments:

Sans! said...

Your house is looking good. I like the red. Great for mice. I think they like strong colours. Gonna convert mine into a school and need to finish it by November. Hope I can do it in time.lol

suzeeez said...

Your "manor" is comming out great...I love it! And your first picture made me laugh out loud ,,,I'm still smiling as I write this. Cats are just too funny....and YOU are very talented!
Have A Happy Day, Sue

Ara said...

It's coming along adorably!!! I think the idea to wash it with brown is great... but the red does look fantastic with the brown floors!! -ara

chris v said...

Looks good! (boy that is red!) Hey Otis ia a riot. Need to feed him more? haa!

Caseymini said...

Katie, Is that CeramcoatIvory? If if it is, I agree with you. It always looks yellow to me. Try their Light ivory or antique white. Both look more Ivory to me. Love the little house and congrats to Otis for squeezing in and proving he could do it! LOL

Mary said...

Go Otis! Show her who's the head honcho!

Kim said...

I just love Otis. The house is looking so great! The mice are going to be very happy!!

Debbie said...

LOL I know I shouldn't laugh Katie, but Otis is so funny..x

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

NOT that cat again!! I really don't know how you put up with it. LoL! Marshmallow house is looking good!
Mercedes