Thursday, May 7, 2009

My very first miniature...

Here's a picture of my very first 'Big Girl' miniature....You'll have to excuse the mess it's in....I've had it for over 25 years now. But, for some reason, I've never been able to part with it. They turkey isn't even attached anymore, and it's missing part of it's legs. It used to be really cute!


Sorry, I have no great ideas to share with you. Real life just has me worn out! I did manage to rummage through some of my things last night and came across some things Chris from Candid Canine made for me last year. I've had it packed away to go in Cora's living room, but figured I'd take it out and take a couple of pictures......

Here's Mr. and Mrs. Beaver enjoying a nice dinner of pot roast and salad. There's even a cake for dessert!

I used some cut up straws for cups.....and pulled out some silverware I had. I like how the Maple Town figures can grasp things!

Not sure if the Beavers would take offense to a pot roast dinner......but in my world... They're having a nice romantic sit down dinner.......

6 comments:

Caseymini said...

Katie, the first thing that popped into my head was "Would beavers eat pot roast? The spread looks good enough to eat. Great food.

Cute big girl turkey too. The peas need dusting.LOL Is it fimo or sculpey? Maybe you could repair the broken leg?

A. Wright said...

How cool is it that you've had the turkey for that long! Hey.. the leg isn't "missing", someone must have lost their willpower over those 25 years and nibbled it off (that beaver looks a bit pudgy, I blame him).

Katie said...

I'm still laughing at your comment April!!

And Casey....I'm not sure what it's made of...We bought it at some craft show years ago....I had a BIG dollhouse as a kid, and it was the only food, well other than some canned goods and a veggie basket, that I had for my house. The veggie basket died years ago, but I kept the basket from it....and I kept the turkey with the hopes of one day making a new one...It looks easy enough!

Caseymini said...

Katie, do you have Angie Scarr's book? That would get you going on all kinds of food! I would love to see what you could do. With your talent at poly, I think that you could just look at a picture of a roasted turkey in a magazine and turn one out without much trouble at all. Go for it!!!

MiniKat said...

I agree with April! ;-)

Love your "big girl" turkey. I would have kept it too. Way too special to part with, broken or not.

Such a cute domestic setting. I like the salad they've got. :-)

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

oh, that's so great that you still have that turkey! My prize dollhouse possession when I was a kid was my plastic coffee table because it was the only 'bought' thing in the whole house! LOL!
That food looks really good!
Mercedes