Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Post for Ara...


So, I watched the Addams Family Movie this morning....and have been doing some online research. Just wanted to make a mental note of what I found. And I tell ya: it's hard to find, lol. Still can't find an actual site that will show me inside of the house...maybe you know one?

OK...
So, first I found some book covers that could be interesting accessories around the house...

I didn't know that the Addams family originally came from a cartoon, and that it first appeared in the New York Times back in the late 1930's! Learning lots of interesting trivia over here today!! LOL.....

Are these cartons that I have posted in here the ones you were talking about??

I love this one of Uncle Fester doing shadow puppets on the wall!


*And I really love the one at the top of the whole family at the table!!

Now as for printies......What about some Rat Poision for the kitchen? Or all those street signs that are in the kids? rooms? You're going to need LOTS of books!!! I know it's a short list....LOL, I'm still thinking!

Still looking for some of the Art that is around the house.....

Let's see....What Else? Hmmm.......Oh...Are you doing the graveyard? Lots of funny looking things out there!!

How about some Addams family Trivia?

ok...that's it for now...Just wanted to share this with you.....

4 comments:

MiniKat said...

I didn't know there was a cartoon first! How cool! :-)

Anonymous said...

I have an award for you over on my projects blog. http://doreensprojects.blogspot.com/ Please drop in and pick it up.

Ara said...

Wow - thanks! Yes - these were the cartoons that I want to frame and hang in the kiddos room. I love the Charles Addams cartoons. Those are great ideas for book covers.... yes - i will def need a lot of books since I am doing a study. Have any ideas on how to do quick easy 'filler' books to go along side a few special ones?

Also thanks for the trivia link!!! I hadn't found that yet. I am def going to take sometime and scroll through that and make notes of any fun things to include. I love adding tiny details that have a whole history behind them!

Yep - I think the first Addams movie had the best overall photos of the interior of the house so I am laregly going off of that. And also the main living area in the tv show - its kind of a hodge podge!

Thanks so much for all your research and posting this! Let me know if you stumble on anything else! All of it helps and give me ideas! Hugs! -Ara

Ara said...

Ok - and one last thing :) Last night I decided I do want to print the long cartoon of them sitting at the table to go in the diningroom/kitchen! I'm gonna play with that tonight and I'll blog it when I get it looking decent! Thanks again - you gave me a whole new list of projects - haha! - Ara