Tuesday, May 12, 2009

There's a couple of questions tucked away in here...

So....I finally got around to hooking up my new printer this weekend. I had been putting it off because I never have any luck with appliances! It took me 4 hours of pushing a lot of buttons, and this sign kept popping up that said, "Error, please restart computer".....Ugg. I finally gave up! Then for some reason, I figured I'd just try to print something, and see what it did....And it worked! I was dumb founded!! Still don't understand what happened...but I know I can blame it on myself....That's why I don't mess with anything electrical....lol......

Anyways....here's what I've done so far......
Some prints for the nursery. I still need to build frames....and I think they are a little too big, so I'm not sure if I want to make some smaller ones or not....

These next 2 prints will go on the back wall of the nursery. I just cut out the picture, glued it onto a piece of scrap-book paper...then glued that onto a square of balsa wood. Then I coated the whole thing with a sealer. *I decided to go with Beatrix Potter prints to match the bunny growth chart that MiniKat sent me....Just have to figure out how to hang that growth chart~ Any suggestions??

Then I found some magazines online, and printed them out for Cora.....Lots of stuff with Bella and one with Taylor Swift....The 'True Love' and 'Vague' ones are made up magazine that I found.

I've also started printing out some of the things for The Star Wars Toy Store.......When I first hooked up the printer, I realized I only had 2 sheets of picture paper left.....Not sure as to the brand, but it was some good stuff. (The Star Wars ones were printed on the paper I had left....and the magazines I printed for Cora are on the new paper...Can you see the difference??) So, Sunday I went and bought myself a pack of no name brand paper....and well~ it's not working for printies......To hard to fold, but great for prints. I used regular printer paper to do the Twilight book, and it was really simple to fold, but the image isn't as strong as it could be.....So, Here's my other question: What kind of paper works best? I want something easy to fold....and something that won't smear! I do like that Post-it paper Tara uses, but haven't been able to find any......
Anyways.....here's a bunch of magazines, books, coloring books, Mad Lids, Iron on Transfer books....Oh, and a cookbook: LMAO! It's called the The Star Wars Cookbook~ on how to make 'Wookie Cookies'.....Hahahaha! Too cute! ......Now I need to start thinking of how to build a book rack for the toy store!

And last but not Least! We have Otis and Pocus cuddling......He was asleep before he heard the camera turn out, and had his foot wrapped around her head....They slept there all night...got up for breakfast....and now they're back on the couch again....lol! Lazy kitties!!!
OK...until next time.....

3 comments:

CA Verstraete said...

I found that cheap paper does not always give the print quality. I like photo matte paper - Kodak I think. I spray it with matte acrylic and then put several coats of gloss varnish. Glossy paper is good for mags, again Kodak is good (hp is good but pricey.) yeah you have to try them I guess.

Printies look good! They're addicting. cora's house is looking great!

MiniKat said...

When I hung a growth chart in a friend's roombox I measured one inch up from the floor and used Mini Hold to put in on the wall. I lined the one inch march up with the one foot mark on the chart.

I like Kodak paper for glossy printies and cardstock for printies that don't have to be shiny but need to fold well.

The Star Wars printies look good!

CA Verstraete said...

Pretty new colors! Hey, thanx for the surprise bags. So cute! (Putting them on blog tomorrow.) You'll be getting a box... eventually, haa!