Saturday, May 2, 2009

Watching Paint dry again....

I've spent the day on the couch watching movies......and painting. I painted the little My Little Pony Toaster black first, figured it would give the copper paint something to hold on to.

Then I painted it copper. It's really starting to look a lot better now! I still have touch ups to do...But I like where it's going. I don't like the black hearts, but want the contrast...so I think I'll come up with a darker copper for them. That toast may get repainted too, before it's all over with.

I've also been working on some of the pieces for the bathroom and the kitchen. Everything is getting several coats of gold.....

Even the plunger handle is gold, hahaha......

Also ran across the peanut butter and jelly making scene I made awhile ago. It was my first attempt with PB and/or Jelly...turned out cute enough to keep....Although now that I am getting smarter, I think I may go back and add some gloss varnish to the jelly...Make it look more realistic...Also made the prep board itself outta Polymer clay.

11 comments:

A. Wright said...

Golden plunger... sounds like an award for Plumber of the year hehehe.

The prep board is really great. Can't wait to see how the toaster turns out.

MiniKat said...

I really like what you've done with the toaster. I like you pb&j board too. I assume it's all clay? I've never tried it that way before.

I have used Gallery Glass for jelly and paint mixed with caulk for peanut butter. For white sandwich bread I'll make loaves from air dry clay and when they are dry I color the crust with oil pastels.

The whole process allows for easily cut-able sandwiches. But your bread looks cooler. ;-)

De said...

The toaster is looking great, Katie, and I love the peanut butter and jelly board!

Katie said...

Hi! Yes it's all clay.....regular polymer mixed with liquid polymer....Here's the link to when I made the PB&Js....it has the link to where I got the idea......

http://katiesclaycorner.blogspot.com/2008/09/pb-and-j.html

hope it helps...

Debbie said...

Like what you've done to the little Toaster Katie. The peanut butter board is great, but we'd say Peanut Butter and Jam. Jelly is what you call Jello here.

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

You are such a clever girl! Love the pb and jelly board. That plunger is the cutest thing!
Mercedes

DLSarmywife said...

I love the toaster! I think the copper looks fantastic. I kinda like the black hearts, but I think a dark copper will look awesome too!
And OMG the PB&J sandwich board looks amazing! I still haven't made any PB&J's yet...maybe this week I'll get to it!
I so enjoy watching your rooms come together.

suzeeez said...

OMG....it all came out so great..... your little scene at the table. I love miniatures and I wish I knew the secrets to making more realistic food. Your picture makes me want to pull up a chair and have a sandwich and then finish off with a yummy piece of cake and a big glass of milk. mm mmm m mmm
:o) Sue

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I love these little scenes you dollhouse people make! I'm always making beads and jewelry but it might be fun to make a whole scene like that on a pendant! I am always so amazed by your work!

Sans! said...

Your toaster is looking sooooo much better now :D! Your plunger takes the cake! Great work for everything, Katie

Living said...

oo, my little pony toaster! Clever! :) Is it a 'big' toaster for 1:12 scale, or just about right?
Later on, when you get the whole thing done, I'd love some before, during, after, makeover photos of the toaster for fluffybricks!